Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Questions I ask Myself

Are the wounds I have endured sufficient for me to qualify as a wounded healer?

Is the pain of recrimination a blanket of invisibility I wear to hide my emotions?

Does my heart beat only to push blood through my body, or is each beat a prayer of thanks-
giving or gratitude to have lived as long as I have.?

Where does wisdom come from? Am I conjoined with all the Saints of heaven in com
monality, led through the grace of our Lord?

Do we hear, do we assimilate the words of our teachers (everbody is a teacher) but find the true learning comes as we ponder that which we heard that won't leave us alone?

As Episcopalians we celebrate an empty cross "Christ is risen indeed." Yet the imagery of Christ on the cross tugs at our hearts, feeding emotions of loss that were rectified through the empty Cross of our Savior.

We are blessed by virtue of our Baptism, as recognizable sons and daughters of God.

jadacohart 10/18

No comments:

Post a Comment