Wednesday, August 29, 2018

On Rites and Prayers

Yesterday Mary finished my prayer shawl. It is purple, my favorite color. This morning I looped it around my shoulders just before reading today's bible verses. Then I moved through the prayers I offer each day to God as I start my day. Below is a reflection/prayer which came to mind;

                             There is no end to the Mercy bestowed on us by God, our
                              creator, our pastoral councilor. Where else can we go for
                              nurture, strength, attainment of  compassion, answers to
                              life's questions, comfort to our restless minds and hearts.
                              Through our souls voice He speaks to us in whispers for 
                              He is a great God, undemanding of pomp and ceremonies.



                              There is no end to the Love given us through Christ Jesus,
                              favored Son of God, who ;through death, burial and
                             resurrection brought us out of death to eternal life.


                              There is no end to the activities of the Holy Spirit, our 
                              guide, our cheer leader, our lamp and light through and
                              on our life path. From birth to physical surrender we are
                              bound to one another through this same Holy Spirit. It is
                              for our sake that this community has endured throughout 
                              centuries.

I should say too that the above does reflect some of my own theology.

I appreciate you who are among my readers. I extend to you many blessings for today and for days to come.  jadacohart

No comments:

Post a Comment